France is home to more than 3500 higher education institutions with over 3,000 specialised schools offering degrees in a wide variety of subjects.
There are many reasons why you would choose France as your global ed destination.
Here's a look at some of them..
- Relatively affordable tuition fee. Tuition fees at the most popular universities in France are amongst the lowest in the world and the average annual fees will be around US$1,000 per year for both domestic and international students. It’s one of the top reasons international students consider France their favourite Global ed destination
- Home to many of the world’s best business schools – like HEC Paris and Skema Business school. France has access to the European single market as it is also a country with one of the world’s most active markets for business opportunities.
- Loans and Grants. The French government provides loans and grants for international students who meet the government requirement for the money. The Eiffel scholarship program is one of the popular scholarships offered by the French government for non- French nationals for up to 30 years. There are also private university scholarships like the Emile Boutmy scholarship for non-European
students who wish to pursue a bachelors or master’s program in France.
- Top universities. A total of 35 universities in France are part of the QS world university ranking 2019, of which 11 are within the top 300 list.
- Resident permit. For recently graduated international students, the French government offers a temporary resident permit, allowing you to search for work and find the ideal kind of job you aspire for.
- Rich cultural heritage. Studying in an international destination is not just about academics and career goals; but also about student life and immersing yourself in a new culture and way of life. France is undoubtedly a country that holds a vibrant culture and history, from food and wine to the literature and lifestyle of France there are many beautiful and colourful streets that you will fall in love with.
- Great location. France is a country that is in close proximity to many other European countries, and it can be considered as a gateway of Europe. So studying in France will offer immense opportunities for the students to explore the countries like Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, Andorra, and Monaco.
- Language hub. Being in France, you will be exposed to one of the world’s most romantic and widely spoken languages. French is considered a global language with 276 million speakers worldwide. It is also the official language in 29 counties. So if you are someone who is passionate about learning a new language, then learning French will significantly improve your chance of getting an opportunity to work in the country.
France is an ideal destination for international students – be it an undergraduate program, postgraduate, or research programs. There are some great research-centric organisations like the National Centre for Scientific Research, which supports path-breaking research across disciplines.
All in all, if you are looking for a global ed destination that will give you an immersive cultural experience apart from a great education, then France is a country you should look at.