Gaming is one of the most popular forms of entertainment. There are endless possibilities in the gaming sector, and this makes it one of the most exciting industries to work in today.
Here’s what we’ll look at today:
- We look at the top gaming universities for gaming
- Top universities, colleges, gaming institutes to study Game/Simulation Development
It’s no surprise to know that careers in the gaming industry have shown tremendous growth in the last decade. The global gaming industry has grown to $300 billion, and the Indian online gaming industry has touched the $1 billion mark, and this is expected to grow to $3.9 billion in the next five years.
We look at the top gaming universities for gaming
According to the study conducted by the University of UNION and the University of Belgrade in Serbia, students who spent equal time playing video games and studying still earn high academic grades. The study observed that many students adopted a ‘work hard, play hard’ mentality, rewarding themselves with gaming time for studying.
There are close to 200 gaming courses currently offered by different universities worldwide. Depending on the university and the course you choose, the course will cover various aspects of gaming like 3D gaming, game design document, UX and UI design, Augmented reality, sound design and FX for games.
Even when all the other industries were hit during the pandemic, it was just the gaming industry that survived the pandemic to show phenomenal growth. According to a study, the gaming on cell phones increased by 45% during the pandemic, which has made many popular companies consider gaming as one of the most booming industries of the future.
Top universities, colleges, gaming institutes to study Game/Simulation Development
- Howest university of applied sciences – Belgium
- Think Tank Training Centre-Canada
- Academy of Art University-United States
- 3dsense Media School-Singapore
- Ringling College of Art and Design- UnitedStates
- Escape Studios- United Kingdom
- The Game Assembly-Sweden
- Animum Creativity Advanced School-Spain
Top universities in the US to study game design programs
- Carnegie Mellon University
- University of Southern California
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- New York University
- University of Utah
- Rochester Institute of Technology
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Cornell University
- University of California–Santa Cruz