We’re living fast-paced lives and one of the main casualties of this lifestyle is our sleep. We’ve all had those days when we’ve woken up feeling tired. It’s more common than we think!. While a one-off bout of sluggishness after a difficult/ long night (for physical, emotional or social reasons) is understandable, chronically waking up tired is something we need to address. And no, resorting to huge amounts of caffeine is not a solution!
So, how to wake up early in the morning without feeling sleepy? This article looks at 16 simple lifestyle changes that we can do, in order to fight morning fatigue.
- 1. Get seven to nine hours of sleep (as often as you can)
- 2. Your dinner matters
- 3. Create a bedtime routine
- 4. Don’t hit the snooze button
- 5. Have a morning routine
- 6. Choose your breakfast wisely.
- 7. Reduce your caffeine intake
- 8. Find your motivation
- 9. Stay hydrated
- 10. Stretch out with yoga
- 11. Address your stress
- 12. Track your physical and mental health
- 13. Skip the nightcap
- 14. Do not take a nap during the day
- 15. Let the light in