When we think of blockchain, “cryptocurrency” is the first thought that pops into our heads. However, did you know that blockchain is being used in a large variety of applications including one which allows a customer to trace the details of the workers who produced the shoes they just bought?
Today, we look at what blockchain means and the career options associated with it.
- Blockchain is a system that acts as a repository that records transactions.
- Blockchain is not only used in cryptocurrency, but is also used in applications such as food safety and traceability, tracking origins of precious stones, insurance, healthcare, real estate, and entertainment among others.
- Blockchains are generally used in a decentralized manner, which improves security and transparency.
- The blockchain technology market is expected to reach USD 39.7 billion by the end of 2025.
- Career options in blockchain include blockchain architects, developers, UX designers, and project managers, among others.